Reflection

This past week’s #edchat topic on reflection got me really thinking.

We need to stop periodically and really analyze what we are doing especially in the way we are educating our students.  At the same time we should also get feedback from our students, colleagues, or staff members as well as parents on what needs to be improved.  Then, we have to come up with a plan to get accomplished what we have discussed.  I like the use of the word “we” because it should be a joint operation. 

At this time I should reflect back on all the wonderful opportunities I had this past week or so getting to know members of my PLN at #FETC14, #TCEA14 and at a special Tuskegee Airmen event.   I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of educators, parents and students in my network.  It is I who should thank all of you for keeping me young and energized.  There is a lot of work that needs to be done to improve our educational system and world.  It is not an easy task.  We need to stop, reflect and come up with ways each of us can improve education.  It is important that we listen to all parties.  Let’s all Be the Change that is needed.