You are all winners despite not being on Bammy Short List

The Bammy Award Finalists 2014 has just been released and I congratulate all those selected however there so many deserving people who were not on that short list and they are all winners in my mind 

We should not forget all the frontline educators, students, parents, advocates out there trying to best facilitate the learning of all students each and every day.  Okay, you won’t get a Bammy trophy to place in your office or classroom or use as your avatar.  You are a winner when a student says how much you mean to him or her, a parent thanks you for helping their child, an administrator pats you on the back or a colleague smiles and says thanks for your help. 

Years ago I was honored each year at graduation with a plaque or teacher of the year trophy but after a while I told them “Enough!”  My wife won’t let me throw out the awards I have received over the years.  The most meaningful of all and the ones that I really treasure were from my students, who on their own gave them to me.  I will not part with those as I do all the letters students wrote to me.  

Please keep doing what you are and don’t be upset if you were not shortlisted or recognized for all that you do.  Years, later you will be surprised as I have been when former students or colleagues contact you and thank you for your efforts.  

My #YouMatter Page 

stuvoice

2 thoughts on “You are all winners despite not being on Bammy Short List

1. Jerry,

If there is a more thoughtful person in the world, I cannot imagine. You simply amaze me! Thank you for your kind words.

BWM